Get Clean…

 
cleaning 3
     I HATE cleaning! I know everyone does, but I REALLY hate it! It’s my least favorite part about having kids. I always say next time around, I want to come back as a dad… they get all the glory of being a parent without the stretch marks, breastfeeding, or, in this house, cleaning, diaper changing, midnight wake ups, or really any of the grunt work. Instead, he gets to be my third, and by far most needy child, and enjoys a leisurely life of video games and cartoon network! I’m sure he’d have a different story, but a) I don’t want to hear it, and b) this is MY blog so his opinion doesn’t count : )


     I’m sure there are many dads out there that do their part and then some, but not here so just let me vent : ) I love our Fat Dad and on a daily basis I could not imagine my life without him, however there are some days I can imagine my life a little better if he picked up a little more slack. I am not a SAHM, if I were, I would gladly pick up after him like the third child that he is : )


     Anyways, I got off on a tangent there for a second!!! I am writing today to say that lately, I almost LIKE cleaning… SHHH… I don’t want my family to find out or then I’d have nothing to hold over their heads : ) This year I started trying to make everything on my own. I started making my own laundry detergent, and now, I want to make EVERYTHING. Thanks to Jillee at One Good Thing, I now think that I can : )


     Even more than I hate cleaning, I hate spending money on things to clean with! It feels like such a waste as I spend my hard earned money on something that I am going to literally flush down the toilet : ) So after my successful attempt at laundry detergent, I switched over to using vinegar and baking soda to clean everything. At first, I really liked it, then after a month or so, I felt like I was convincing myself that things were clean. I HATED the SMELL : ( Honestly, I think I’d rather inhale bleach fumes!!! Since I had sworn off bleach, I had to find something else.

banner_GetCleanHouseholdedit
     Then I found Jaima at Ring Around the Rosies, and my life was forever changed! I was skeptical at first, but after the first time I used Basic H, I have never looked back! I had found Shaklee and not only the most amazing cleaning products I have ever used, but the opportunity I had been looking for… that’s got to be a post for another day or this will be like a ten page post by the time I’m one.


     Not only are all of Shaklee's products all natural, they work too! They make cleaning everything soooo easy! I swear, I hardly have to scrub anymore! Almost everything just wipes off. I clean everything I can with Basic H… even my kids! I’m not joking, I put it in their bath tub, and it has given them the softest skin they have ever had. They both have eczema, and I have even stopped using lotion! I can’t wait to go to the doctor this winter! Usually I hang my head as I listen to Dr. Hornbach tell me once again that they have dry skin, and he can give them a steroid cream or to use a $20 lotion on them. I found stuff that worked that was more in our budget, but even that was pricey, and obviously not working very well : )


     About a week ago, I got a new Shaklee shipment in the mail, and it was like Christmas! I had heard great stories about the Scour Off, and couldn’t wait to try it. We have a porcelain, or ceramic, or something other than stainless steel sink, and unfortunately bleach was the only thing that kept it that white. Since I swore off bleach at the beginning of the year, you can imagine the lovely color it had turned. I won’t make you imagine, I have pictures…Snapshot_20120714_2
    
    The left side was already done before I thought to take pictures. Remember, it’s one of my Resolutions… in case you are new here or you don’t remember, you can click and relive a blog moment with me. Anyways, here’s the finished project…


Snapshot_20120714_4edit
     I remembered to take the pictures, but I apologize for the quality, I took them with the webcam on my laptop because my lovely monsters have misplaced my camera : ) The drain on the left is not dirty, but corroded from the vinegar I was using to try to clean the sink! The Scour off not only worked off, but since it’s made from cherry pits, it smells DELICIOUS… when was the last time you could say that a cleaning product smelled delicious???


Try them for yourself today right here, and get happy to to Get Clean...don't worry, you secret will be safe with me : )


     Well, this is how I spent my Saturday! Please tell me you all did something a little more exciting! Leave me a comment so I can live vicariously through you : ) 




*** Don't forget to follow me on Facebook so you can don't miss the Opportunity of a lifetime... If you can't wait, send me a message***

9 comments:

  1. Hellloooo... I stopped by to read after you stopped by to read me. I must say the pics speak for themselves... but for me... that cleaning agent could smell like ambrosia and I still think I would abhor cleaning :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still my least favorite thing in the world, and the sink is probably the cleanest part of my house : ) It did make cleaning a little easier and cherry scented, and around here I like to find joy in the little things! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm just stopping by to let you know that I've given you the Sunshine Blogger Award! Congrats and you can check it out here:

    http://2smart4.blogspot.com/2012/07/me-sunshine-you-bet.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so new to all this blog stuff, and all the blog love is so appreciated : )

      Delete
  3. We love Shaklee too! I haven't tried the scour off yet. I need to get some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I haven't tried anything I don't LOVE! Now my biggest problem with them is wanting to try everything : )

      Delete
  4. oh oh... ps... I nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award:

    http://msstewartsnothere.blogspot.com/2012/07/nomination-for-me-na-ah.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I don't even smell like ambrosia... you're too sweet ; ) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  5. LOL... I do my best cleaning when I'm angry.. and I think Hubs uses that to his advantage, sometimes... haha New follower from the TGIF Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete