1/2 Year Resolutions Part 1

     I am a January baby so instead of making a New Years Resolution I make birthday resolutions. I know, pretty much the same thing, but I take them a little more seriously because they are all about me. So, this year I’m doing a half birthday resolutions, too.

     I’ll start with what I’ve achieved in the first half of the year. The first half of 30 has been great! So far, I’ve lost 20 pounds, I’ve started making healthier decisions for our family, and most importantly, I’ve found an opportunity for a CAREER!

     I wish I had a here’s how I lost 20 pounds story for you, but so far I think all I can chalk it up to is the fact that I haven’t been pregnant in 2 years! On top of that, I’ve been trying to make smarter food choices, and I try to work out with the kids at least once a week, along with being a more active family all around. I know it’s not much, but it’s a start, and that’s why I’m making half year resolutions, too. 

      The healthier decisions have not only been food and fitness related. A lot of them have been attitude related. For AL’s birthday we went to the zoo, and before we even pulled out of the driveway, Fat Dad and I were bickering, and JJ said from the back seat, “Here we go Again!” My heart broke! Was this really what my 4 year old thought of his parents??? I always say that we don’t fight in front of them, but that day made me think of how much our kids actually hear. We don’t fight about the big stuff in front of them, but we do bicker a lot in front of them, and clearly, that was just as bad. Since that day, we have really been watching how we talk to each other.

         This is getting a little longer than I had planned so I will do a part two with my resolutions for the second half of the year. So here’s to a great start to 30, and I hope I can finish this year off strong!

What were your New Year’s Resolutions? Are you sticking to them? Any major success stories or are you baby stepping like me?

Make sure you don’t miss part two and follow me on Facebook.