5 Scary Things I’m Doing in August…

     I’ve been hearing a lot lately that you should do at least one thing that scares you everyday. Being a mom of two little dare devils I have been scared everyday for the past 4 years, but it’s been scared for them. Now, it’s my turn! I’m 30 years old this year, and am really trying to figure out who I am beyond somebody’s mother! It’s a title I love and am so blessed to have, but I’m a woman, I multi task, I need more : )

     I’m ready to step out of my comfort zone! Writing this blog has been the scariest thing I’ve done for ME in a long time, but now I’m getting settled into my so called blog life, and I’m ready for more. I’m like an adrenaline junkie or something : )

     So, here are Five Scary Things I’m going to do in August:

1.) I am cutting my hours back at work by almost half!!!

     This is scary on so many levels! We are barely making ends meet as it is, but it’s going to be a change for the better I can feel it. My kids have always been on my schedule, but now that school is in our future, I need to be on theirs. I am also really struggling to keep this house even semi clean lately, and I know it’s because my hours at work are all over the place. Some days, some nights, long shifts… too much. I feel more relaxed just thinking about it!

2.) I am going to start promoting Shaklee to strangers!

     I love Shaklee’s products, and have been blabbering on about them to everyone I know who will listen! I couldn’t be happier that I became a distributor, but since I was already working 40 hours a week, and our bills were being paid, I have been purchasing more products than selling. Other than the school thing, this is the main reason I’m cutting back my hours at the Olive Garden. Nothing motivates you to take advantage of an opportunity like money… or the lack thereof : )

3.) After 6 years of avoiding being a server like the plague, I’m putting back on my white shirt and tie! Please everyone pray for patience, a section that is douchebag free, and big tips : )

4.) I am going to be the mom of a school going kid!!!!!

     I know this is kid related, but I feel like this is a test to my motherhood. Did I teach him everything he needs to know to make it in preschool? Will he be a star student or will the principal and I be on a first name basis? Is he going to make a lot of friends, or will he be bullied… even worse, will he be the bully??? I know he is a good kid, but so far he hasn’t had to prove that to anyone but me. Well, and Fat Dad and the rest of our family, but they have to love him, and these people don’t! Phew… deep breaths… he’s going to do fine…

Ok, I saved the best for last…

5.) I’m hosting my first Blog Hop!!!

     I am teaming up with Gwen from A Little Unhinged to co host our very first blog hop! This will be a first for both of us, but it’s always more fun to have a partner in crime : ) More details are coming soon so stay tuned… Follow me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

     What scary things do you have planned??? What do you do to step outside your comfort zone??? What successes have come to you from taking a scary first step???

     Oh, I almost forgot, I did something scary today, too… I am officially a twit, or whatever you call a person on twitter : ) I have had an account for a while, but other than laughing at Blake Shelton and Will Farrell’s tweets I haven’t been very active. I have been a little scared at dipping my feet in the pool that is twitter, but I jumped right in today, and so far, the water’s pretty nice! Come watch me make a twit of myself at @FIOAWGrow

     Oh and I got nominated for another blogger award!!! Thanks to Mama’s Mumbo Jumbo for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I am working on a post as we speak…

12 comments:

  1. Yay! Another person catches the Twitter fever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to fight it for sooo long : )

      Delete
    2. i have all the confidence in the world in you mel!! U have taught me so much in such a short time. i will so miss u at nite, but we will get thru the days together!! kevi b

      Delete
    3. Kevi, I can't thank you enough for all the support you have given me! You have been like my own personal cheerleader! I feel like I should get you a uniform and some pom poms : )

      Delete
  2. It's so hard to step out of your comfort zone. It's something I struggle with. But life forces us to do so sometimes. You'll be fine with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stepping out of your comfort zone is hard. I struggle with it myself. But life requires us to do it sometimes. You will be fine with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, sorry for the double post. My first one gave me an error message so I though it didn't go through. And with this one, this is now my third post. How annoying am I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not annoying at all! It was worth reading twice... I must have needed the encouragement : )

      Delete
  5. I am so proud of you!!!! You will rock everything you try to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Good luck with everything!

    Newest follower from hop! Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can. Hosting Mom's Monday Mingle now. Love for you to link up!
    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm a new follower from the Naptime Review Blog Hop. Sooo..you have a lot going on in August! It must be exciting and a little nerve wracking at the same time. I wish you luck and look forward to reading more of your posts. Also congrats on your awards :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One more thing..now that you are new to Twitter, I highly recommend you find HonestToddler. The posts are hilarious..comes from the view point of a toddler and it makes me laugh every day!

    ReplyDelete