Rainy Days...

     We had some extra time before I had to take JJ to school this morning, so I sat in our big, comfy chair, and closed my eyes for some pretend mom sleep. You know the kind where your eyes are shut, but your mind is going full speed.

     As I pretended to sleep, I also pretended there weren't any toys on the floor. Once the toys were gone, I thought back to what rainy days consisted of before we had kids. REAL SLEEP!!! There is no better sleep than rainy day sleep! When you sleep way too late, roll over, look at the clock, and doze back off. Fat Dad and I would usually wake up and "sleep" ; ) and then go back to sleep again. We'd finally wake up because one of us was hungry... usually Fat Dad, and then move our laziness to the couch. Where we would be awake, but not entirely.

     Oh, those were the days!  I love my babies, but days like today make me miss our life before all the hustle and bustle that comes with having little ones. AL will clearly follow in our sleep all day in the rain footsteps. It's almost 10:00 and I still haven't heard a peep : ) Fat Dad worked third shift last night, and now it is her who has my spot in bed next to him. I'm slightly jealous!

     Just in time for me to head to work, here comes the sun! I guess at least I got to day dream in the rain. That is more than good enough for now : )

     What do you like most about rainy days??? What makes you miss your life before kids???

6 comments:

  1. What I miss the most about life before kids is sleeping in! And going shopping. By myself. And being able to go into the dressing room and try things on. lol. :)

    I hope you had a nice weekend, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the dressing room, I've almost forgotten they even existed :) Thanks for reminding me, Mia!

      Delete
  2. WE have no rainy days in Athens...actually I havent seen a drop of rain since....May?! I cannot remember....so rainy days are like holidays around here. BUt there's nothing better than a nice sleep while outside is pouring and there are no kids around...I definitely miss reading during rainy days..that was one of my favourite things to do....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love rain and thunderstorms! I remember my dad and I would sit out on our porch and watch the lightning. There were mornings my mom would ask if I heard the thunder during the night, and I wouldn't even know it had stormed! I would hate having no rain! Good to see you again, Mireille : )

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, that just sounds lovely! I remember those days! I don't like rain, but I love snuggling up under a blanket and drinking a hot cocoa while listening to the raindrops fall.... I miss shopping for me. That doesn't happen anymore because now all my money goes to The Princess' elaborate wardrobe, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughters closet is amazing, and at least twice the size of mine so I feel your pain :) I have even gone shopping specifically for me, and left with clothes for her!

      Delete